Keep your brain active and energized all summer long. Learn new skills, explore your creativity, and discover your next passion. And then enter to win awesome prizes!
Regina Public Library's summer learning program runs May 31 to August 29, 2021 for anyone ages 14 and under.
Step 1: You’ll need a Level Up! game card to play.
- Pick up a Level Up! game card from any library branch.
- Print off a Level Up! game card from home.
- Download a digital PDF game card to fill out on your home device.
Step 2: Do fun Level Up! activities all summer and record them on your Level Up! game card.
Step 3: Enter to win by submitting your Level Up! game card by September 4.
- Drop paper game cards into the Level Up! collection box at any library branch.
- Submit digital PDF game cards via email. Check your digital PDF for details.
Level Up! Activities:
- Read 15 minutes, three times a week
- Read whatever you like – books, comics, eBooks or audiobooks. Read aloud to someone else, or have someone read to you. All reading counts!
- Attend a library program
- Discover new activities and ideas on a huge variety of topics. Search for programs here!
- Explore nature
- Get outside and have fun exploring nature this summer. Grow a garden, stargaze, birdwatch, dig for worms - the sky’s the limit!
- Create your own artwork
- Tap into your inner artist and express yourself using your favourite art supplies and tools, from paint to pipe cleaners to things in your recycling bin.
- Make music of your own
- Sing, rap, yodel, create a song, play an instrument, or construct your own instruments out of household objects. Discover the many different ways you can make music!
- Visit a museum, art gallery or science centre
- Go in person or check out some great interactive websites. Look below for links to our favourites!
- Learn a word in an Indigenous language
- If you learn a new word each week, you’ll know 13 new words by the end of summer! Follow Regina Public Library on Facebook and Twitter, where we’ll post a new word each week, or check out the resources below to learn words of your own.
- As a bonus, you can mark an extra achievement if you read 15 minutes every day each week!
Enter your Level Up! game card in a draw for fantastic prizes. The more Level Up! activities you complete, the bigger the prize you can win!
Game card submission deadline is September 4.
One draw prize winner will be randomly chosen from each category:
- Grade 2 and under
- Grades 3 to 5
- Grades 6 to 8
The prize awarded will be based on the total number of Level Up! activities a winner achieved.
- $50 Prize – 5 to 20 Level Up! Activities
- $100 Prize – 21 to 50 Level Up! Activities
- $200 Prize – 51 to 104 Level Up! Activities
A winner can select a gift certificate in the amount of the prize awarded from one of the following Regina stores:
- Zippity Zoom Toys
- Comic Readers
- Black Dog Art Supplies
- Long & McQuade
One grand prize draw will be made for an iPad Mini from all entries received. To be eligible for the grand prize draw, the entry must have a minimum of 20 completed Level-Up! activities.
Read or listen to fantastic stories using these online resources.
Visit any library branch to pick up your favorite reading materials or request a Check It Out Bag. It’s a quick and easy way to get a great selection of books.
Take part in fun library programs for children this summer.
Click here to explore programming!
Get inspired and create your own masterpieces using these resources:
Get started making your own music with these resources:
Did you know that RPL lends musical instruments, free with your library card? Check it out here!
Learn a word in an Indigenous language every week by following our tutorials here and on social media!
1 - Indigenous Word of the Week - Hello in Michif
2 - Indigenous Word of the Week - Thank you in Michif
3 - Indigenous Word of the Week - Hello in Saulteaux
4 - Indigenous Word of the Week - Thank you in Saulteaux
5 - Indigenous Word of the Week - Hello in Cree
6 - Indigenous Word of the Week - Thank you in Cree
7 - Indigenous Word of the Week - Hello in Dakota
8 - Indigenous Word of the Week - Thank you in Dakota
9 - Indigenous Word of the Week - Hello in Lakota
Discover other new words by using these resources:
Explore nature in your backyard and neighborhood. Here are some resources to help you.
Take a virtual tour of a museum, art gallery or science centre. Here are some recommended sites for you to visit.
The Level Up! game heroes were created to inspire you to be the hero of your own summer learning adventure. Find out about all 5 characters here!
Guess what else? You can meet two of our characters in person for an epic photo op, and score exclusive collector cards at the Regina Public Library Farmer’s Market booth.
Come check us out:
- June 26
- July 10
- July 24
- July 28
- August 14
- August 28
Enjoy more fun reading and learning activities with the TD Summer Reading Club.
- Level Up! at Regina Public Library is open to all residents of the City of Regina, 14 years and under.
- Each entrant will be required to provide Regina Public Library with their name, phone number and complete address.
- The prize will be forfeited and RPL will draw another winner if the selected entrant:
- Declines the prize.
- Fails to pick up the prize within 30 days.
- Each Level Up! game card will be one entry for the prize draws.
- Limit of one prize per person.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- Entering the challenge signifies your acceptance of these rules.
- Level Up! at Regina Public Library runs May 31 – August 29, 2021.
- Prize draws will be held September 13, 2021.
Your feedback really helps us! Click here to do a short survey.