Borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, and digital magazines through the Libby app to enjoy on your computer, tablet, smartphone or eReader (including Kobos). When your item is due, titles automatically expire!
For quick tips to help you get started with the Libby app, select the Tutorial button on this page.
The Libby app
- Download the Libby app onto your mobile device and search for Regina Public Library and add Saskatchewan Library Consortium.
- Choose your location (Regina Public Library) and enter your Library card number and PIN.
- The Libby app is available through Apple and Google Play. See Libby’s Help page here for complete information.
- Libby is also available in your web browser at libbyapp.com (using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge).
***If you have a Kindle Fire tablet: currently Libby is not available on these devices.
Current users of the OverDrive app
- OverDrive is retiring its Overdrive app and has removed it from the Apple, Google Play, and Microsoft app stores for new users.
- Current OverDrive app users can continue to use it, but there will no longer be any updates which may impact functionality over time.
- Overdrive borrowing on Kobo ereaders will continue to work the same.
- All users can access OverDrive through a web browser and recommend titles for purchase through the Overdrive website.
- If you are a current OverDrive app user, we recommend you check out the Libby app today. It is fun, easy-to-use, and you will find all your Overdrive checkouts and holds there waiting for you.
Everything Else You Need to Know
Loan Periods and Limits
Regina Public Library (RPL) customers may check out 10 titles at a time for up to 21 days for each title.
Customers can have up to fifty (50) titles on hold at a time. You will receive an email notification when the item becomes available. Once the email is sent, you’ll have 2 days (48 hours) to borrow the title before your hold is canceled. Or turn on automatic borrowing and never miss a hold again!
Does your child use Overdrive's Sora through their school? Learn how to add access to RPL's Overdrive in Sora using these steps here.
OVERDRIVE AND YOUR PRIVACY
Need More Help?
- Full support for all these features and how to read eBooks on your Kobo ereader is available from the OverDrive Help site or from the Libby site.
- Contact Libby's support team.
- Contact Kobo's support team.
- If you need to renew your library card or reset your PIN, please contact our staff.
- Staff can also provide basic assistance with the service.
- Waiting longer than usual for your eBooks? Learn more.