We've partnered with Birds Canada to bring you birding backpacks! Bird watching is a fun, year-round pastime that you can do on your own, or with family and friends. Regina offers great natural habitats; start exploring today with one of our birding backpacks.
How to borrow the kit:
- Check out our online catalogue to see if there’s one available.
- Place a hold and choose your pickup location – we’ll notify you when it’s ready.
- Go to the service desk to pick up your backpack. Don't forget to bring your library card!
- Staff will help you check it out.
- Return the backpack to the service desk at any RPL location.
What’s in the kit:
- Saskatchewan Birds: A Folding Pocket Guide
- The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America: 2nd Edition
- One pair of Vortex binoculars
- Birds Canada backpack
- Birds Canada Survey
- Access to an online course for beginners
Everything else you need to know:
- You must be a Regina Public Library cardholder to borrow a backpack.
- You can borrow a backpack for a maximum of 4 weeks, with no renewals.
- There is a limit of one backpack per card.
- Backpacks must be picked up and dropped off at the service desk.
- Backpacks can be returned at any RPL location, but not outside the city.
DON’T HAVE A LIBRARY CARD?
Sign up using our online form or visit us at a branch.