About Dunlop Art Gallery
Dunlop Art Gallery is dedicated to engaging, researching and presenting a diverse range of visual artwork. The main focus is on contemporary culture. Dunlop Art Gallery enhances the quality of life of its publics by informing the practices and understanding of visual art through activities that include exhibitions, programs, publishing and collecting.
Mission and Goals
Dunlop Art Gallery serves the local community, Library clients, artists, the visual arts community, and the regional and national cultural community. Its objectives are:
Exhibitions and Programmes
- to research practices and histories within visual culture, with emphasis on the relationships between cultural production and social context.
- to present the results of its research in informative, publicly accessible formats. These formats include but are not limited to exhibitions, screenings, lectures, programs, publications and extension programs.
- to promote the Gallery's purpose, scope and programs to a broad public.
- to communicate, consult and co-operate with individuals, groups and organizations having similar objectives.
Interpretation and Education
- to present and facilitate interpretive and educational programs that enhance intellectual access to visual culture, to encourage visual literacy, and to encourage interpretive and critical skills among members of its publics.
- to maintain a resource centre that provides information about the Gallery's current exhibitions, and access to recent publications from the Gallery's catalogue exchange program.
- to collect, research, catalogue and preserve works of art of contemporary and historical significance for the people of Regina and Saskatchewan.
Art Rental Collection
- to acquire and maintain works of contemporary art for circulation through the Art Rental service.
You may also contact us by:
- leaving a voicemail at 306.777.6040
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org