At Regina Public Library we know how much you love books, and we want to make it easy for you to discover your next great read. Below you will find a list of our services and resources to aid readers.
- Books4Me: Let us help you find your next great read with our Books4Me service. Answer a few questions about what you like to read, and we’ll send you an email with a custom list of books.
- Check It Out: Check It Out bags are a quick and easy way to get a great selection of books, magazines, and movies without having to do the in-person browsing yourself or place holds on items. We package them for you, so you don’t have to spend time searching for what you want!
- Book Club in a Bag: For Regina residents only, our Book Club in a Bag service provides you with everything you need for a fun and stress-free Book Club meeting in one easy-to-use kit.
- Recommended Lists: Reading suggestions picked by our staff.
For more reading ideas check out our Books, Ebooks and eAudiobooks pages.
- Take the library with you by getting digital titles to read on your favorite device. Titles automatically expire so never worry about late fees again!
- Libby: Borrow ebooks, eaudiobooks, and digital magazines. Titles for all ages, including picture books. Accessibility features: adjust the size of text or choose Open Dyslexic font.
- Hoopla: Limit of 10 checkouts per month, but no holds or waiting. Titles for all ages. A large digital collection of comics / graphic novels.
- Tumblebook Library: Animated, talking picture books, read-along chapter books, and eBooks and graphic novels for children.
To find out more about Regina Public Library’s Accessible collections or to register as a customer with a print disability, please contact your local Branch or Outreach Services.
- CELA (Centre for Equitable Library Access): Library customers with print disabilities can access titles for all ages in audio, e-text and braille.
- NNELS (National Network for Equitable Library Services): thousands of downloadable audiobooks exclusively for customers with a visual impairment or print disability. Download the audio files to your computer or transfer them to your Victor Stream or digital device.
REVIEWS AND RESEARCH:
- Novelist Plus: a great source for read-alike suggestions. Use an author or title to find similar authors and titles - or find books by subject, plot, themes, characters and more. Novelist K-8: Try Novelist Plus for children and teens.
- Literature Resource Center: Biographies, bibliographies, and critical analyses of more than 135,000 authors from every age and literary discipline.
- Contemporary Authors: Biographies of more than 149,000 modern authors.