If you can’t read print material or are unable to visit the library due to illness, age or disability, we can help with accessible services, materials and technology.
The Outreach doors are closed to the public but we’re still here for you. Our collection and devices are available in the main area of Central Library for your convenience. There are also accessible audio collections at Sunrise Branch, Sherwood Village Branch, Regent Place Branch, and George Bothwell Branch. Ask a staff member for assistance.
Outreach holds can be picked up during regular branch hours at the Central Library service desk.
Outreach staff are available by phone Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- OverDrive (Libby) - Borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks through Overdrive and the Libby app to enjoy on your computer, table, smartphone or eReader (including Kobo). OverDrive features special font settings for customers with low vision or dyslexia.
- CELA and NNELS - For customers with print disabilities, these resources allow to you download DAISY books directly onto your computer or device.
- hoopla - Stream new and favourite movies and televisions shows with described video for all ages.
- Kanopy - Stream the best in documentaries, classic films, world cinema, and Indie films. Access more than 5700 titles from the Great Courses collection designed to support lifelong learning across all subject. Described video available.
FCC Regina Spirit Fund
RPL would like to thank FCC and the FCC Regina Spirit Fund for its generous donation of $10,000 to provide increased access to technologies for people living with visual disabilities and physical limitations.
These funds will allow us to install a new accessible computer station at one of our neighbourhood Branches.
The height-adjustable station will accommodate mobility devices, like wheelchairs and scooters, and include specialized equipment and software that will allow our customers to connect with friends and family, conduct research and read using the library’s digital resources and assistive technologies.
United Way Emergency Community Support Fund
United Ways Centraides (UWCs) are pleased to provide support to local community service organizations to provide rapid, emergency community support as part of Employment and Social Development Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund. It is through this generous gift that RPL is able to offer iPad loans to seniors who are experiencing social isolation and don’t have access to Wi-Fi or own a device of their own.
Each loan includes:
- iPad, protective case, bag, charger, documentation on how to use the iPad and the APPS
RPL Library Apps preloaded to the device:
- Press Reader
- Historical Leader Post
- RB Digital
Learn more about how you can support RPL through charitable giving on our Donate page.