Is it safe to pick up materials from RPL branches?
We have put in place safety protocols such as social distancing and cleaning standards consistent with guidelines developed by Saskatchewan Health Authority and Canadian Urban Libraries Council (CULC). We are doing all we can to keep you safe, and we ask that all customers do their part too.
What are you doing to ensure materials aren’t contaminated?
Returned materials be placed in a quarantine when returned. This action complies with current standards put forth by, among others, the Canadian Urban Libraries Council, the Urban Libraries Council, the American Library Association, and the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Do I need to wear a mask to pick up my holds?
It is up to you, however, the Public Health Agency of Canada recommends wearing a non-medical mask in the community even if you have no symptoms, as an additional measure to protect others around you.
What items cannot be borrowed through curbside pickup?
We cannot support holds on art rental, toys, any kits (e.g. Book Club in a Bag), or musical instruments at this time.
How are you protecting your workers?
RPL employees will always wear masks. Cleaning protocols have been established, and social distancing procedures and guidelines are in effect.
What are you doing to ensure the safety of your staff and customers when you open?
We're following the required guidelines from the Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan, using recommendations from the Saskatchewan Health Authority and learning from the experiences of other public libraries.
Our safety measures include:
- Social distancing protocols for being in, and moving through the library
- Cleaning protocols
- Quarantining materials before checking them in; note that returned materials may appear on your account as due to this holding period
- We ask that customers place materials they've handled at the library in marked grey bins for quarantine
- Masks are required for staff
- Modifying services and how they’re delivered, to allow for safe social distancing.
- There are fewer seats, modified floor plans, limited capacities, redirected crowd flow in certain areas, sneeze guards, and other changes to limit contact.
Can I watch the Film Theatre movies from home?
Yes! All of the films we screen at the Film Theatre will be available to RPL cardholders for streaming on our digital services or physical collection.