How do I borrow items from the library?
Your Library card may be used at any Saskatchewan Public Library location and is required for all Library transactions.
- You may have up to 100 items checked out on your card at any time.
- High demand items, such as DVDs, CDs, Popular Picks, toys, and art rental have limits on the number that may be borrowed at any one time.
- Most items have a 21 day loan period. Some items, such as DVDs and magazines, have a 7 day loan period.
Important Note: The borrower is responsible for all material checked out on her Regina Public Library card, and will be required to pay for the cost of repairing or replacing material lost or damaged while on loan to the borrower. Regina Public Library is not responsible for any damage or loss to persons, property or equipment sustained as a result of using or consulting Regina Public Library material.
How do I request titles that the library doesn't have?
Our catalogue contains materials from both Regina Public Library and most of the other public libraries in Saskatchewan. Most of these materials can be requested by Regina customers and will be brought to you from anywhere in the Province!
If you can't find the item you want in the online catalogue, we can get it for you from another library... anywhere in Canada!
To request an item you may:
When we receive your request, we will determine whether we wish to purchase the item or send the request out to other libraries in Canada.
How do I renew items?
Most items may be renewed 2 times if they are not requested by another patron. To renew items, you can:
- Log in to your library account at the top of the page and renew your item(s) online. A list of items currently checked out on your card will appear. To renew items, click the renew button adjacent to the title(s) you wish to renew.
- Present your Library card at any RPL location or Saskatchewan Public Library.
- Call 306.777.6111 or toll free in Canada at 1.855.980.7457.
- Call any RPL location or Saskatchewan Public Library and provide your Library card number.
How do I return items I've borrowed from the Library?
I’m going to be out of town for awhile. Should I cancel my holds?
There is no need to cancel your holds before you leave. Instead, log into your account, and view your requests. Find the item you would like to “suspend” and choose a length of time.
How do I place a hold?
You may place a request on almost any item in our catalogue if it is currently checked out to another patron or on order.
You may have up to 100 requests on your card at a given time.
Begin by logging in to your account at the top of the page. Once you are logged on you can perform a catalogue search for an item and click on the “place hold” button beside the item. After clicking on the “place hold” button, you will be directed to a new screen where you can select where you would like to pick up the item when it is available.
Alternatively, you may present your Library card at any RPL location or Saskatchewan Public Library, or contact us by telephone and provide your Library card number. Library staff will place your request.
You will be notified when the item becomes available for pick-up.
Why can’t I see what number I am in the hold queue?
Holds are not filled in a purely numeric order. They are filled in a way that ensures that customers of a library system get first access to items owned by that library system.
For example, you may be the seventh person in the queue, but if you are the only RPL customer waiting, and a copy owned by RPL is checked in, you will receive it next. Because of this it is virtually impossible to create an accurate record of where any particular customer is in the queue.