There's always something happening at RPL!
Truth and Reconciliation Events
Join us for in-person and online events throughout September in recognition of the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. Visit our Reconciliation page for additional resources including reading lists, videos, and more.
Wed, Sept 15: Bi-Gwen: Coming Home - Truth Telling From the Sixties Scoop
- For one day only, on September 15, RPL will host this powerful and moving exhibit on the main floor at Central Library in downtown Regina.
- The exhibition is open to the public from 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Bi-Gwen: Coming Home explores the experiences of survivors of the sixties scoop, and the impact it had on Indigenous communities. Presented in partnership with the Sixties Scoop Indigenous Society of Alberta.
Tues, Sept 21: Virtual Author Visit - Victor Lethbridge
- Join author Victor Lethbridge for a reading from his book, You're Just Right. He will answer your questions and talk about what it means to be a Treaty citizen. Perfect for K-3 students!
Wed, Sept 22: Virtual Author Visit: David Alexander Robertson
- Join author David A. Robertson for a reading from his book, The Barren Grounds. He will share his perspective on being a Treaty citizen and take questions from the audience. Perfect for grades 3-8!
Thurs, Sept 30: National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Join Bevann Fox, author of Genocidal Love: A Life After Residential School for an in-person event to honour survivors and commit to meaningful and lasting reconciliation.
Everyone is a runner! Don't believe it? We've partnered with our friends at the Queen City Marathon to host online talks for anyone who's looking for inspiration to be more active, or take their activity to the next level.
All QCM programs are hosted online via Zoom. Follow the links below to register!
Thu, Sept 9 at 7:00pm: Becky Wade Firth: Run the World
- Becky Wade Firth discusses what it’s like to run in 22 different countries, sharing secrets to success from runners and coaches around the world.
Check the feed below for details on these and other featured programs, or visit our programs page to see all available online programs.
Better yet, create your own program listing with My Events Guide! Our new digital service allows you to create, view and subscribe to customized listings of library programs and events based on your interests! Visit the My Events Guide page to learn more!