Service Update October 2, 2020
All library branches, Dunlop Art Gallery locations, and RPL Film Theatre are open — and we've expanded our hours at select locations!
- Central Library is now open until 8:00pm on Thursdays;
- George Bothwell Branch is now open until 7:00pm on Thursdays and opens at 12:00pm on Sundays;
- Sherwood Village and Sunrise Branches are now open until 8:00pm on Wednesdays.
- The RPL Film Theatre is open for screenings on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and all screenings are free until further notice.
- External book drops are open 24 hours! An external book drop is available at every branch except Prince of Wales.
For full listings of current hours, check out our Locations and Hours page.
We're doing everything we can to make the library safe:
- There are a limited number of people allowed in a branch at one time;
- Food and drink are not permitted in the branches at this time;
- Materials are quarantined before being put back on shelves;
- We ask that customers place materials they've handled at the library in marked bins for quarantine;
- Hand sanitizer is available to customers in multiple locations throughout our branches;
- Sanitizing wipes are available to customers to disinfect equipment like computer keyboards before they use them;
- We encourage customers to wear masks when they’re in the library, and masks will be available if necessary;
- We've installed sneeze guards, spaced things out and applied some one-way traffics paths for social distancing; and
- We’ve developed cleaning protocols for our staff consistent with provincial requirements.
Fines continue to be waived until the end of the year!
- So don't worry, and bring those books back! External book drops are open 24 hours.
- If you have lost an item, or you have questions about what you see on your account, give us a call to see how we can help you.
- We encourage the use of contact-less payment for lost charges by debit or credit card.
Starting on January 1, 2021, RPL will no longer charge overdue fines for library materials! Learn more about that exciting change here.
VIRTUAL LIBRARY CARDS
If you registered for a library card between March 16 and July 9, 2020, you received a Virtual Library Card.
- This type of card provides you with access to our digital collection, but not to our physical collection.
- Please visit one of our branches with your ID so we can give you a free full service library card. This will let you borrow from our large physical collection as well as continue to use our digital services to read, watch, listen and learn from the comfort of your home.
Current branch services include:
Don't wish to enter a branch to pick up your holds? No problem. Just call the number listed on the Curbside Pickup sign outside your branch. A staff member will check the materials out and deliver them to you.
Services not available right now:
- Meeting room bookings
- In-person programs
- Early literacy workstations
- Board Games
- Language and other kits
- Print newspapers
- RPL MovieBox at the Regina Sportsplex (No fines will be charged for MovieBox materials.)
Your health and safety is important to us. Please look after each other, and do what you can to support your families, friends and community during this uncertain time.
If you can't come in to a branch, we're still ready to help. Dedicated staff are available over the phone, email or chat during these hotline hours:
- Monday 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Friday 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday 1:00 – 5:00pm
Call us at 306-777-6000
or email us at email@example.com.